Me

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The White Chocolate Grill - A Review

About a week ago, my husband and I had the pleasure of dining at The White Chocolate Grill in Naperville.  I had purchased a Groupon that saved us $20 on our meals.  When we arrived, the dimly lit, modern decor had me worried that we were under-dressed in our jeans.  But I quickly noticed that the servers were in jeans as well, which put my mind at ease. 

I ordered the fish of the day, which was a white fish, covered in a white crab sauce, with giant chunks of crab meat  tossed on top.  But that wasn't even the best part.  For my side, I chose Israeli couscous.  I have never tasted anything so complex and addicting in my entire life.  I could literally live on the stuff!  My husband ordered a steak, which he said was superb.  But his side was also the highlight of his meal.  The mashed potatoes have a secret ingredient at The White Chocolate Grill, which we think may be nutmeg.  Regardless, they were awesome.

For dessert, we tried the chocolate souffle.  Their dessert menu was great because all of the choices were designed for a couple to enjoy together.  We also ordered cappuccinos, which arrived a little after our dessert because they came from the bar instead of the kitchen.  This slight delay would be the only complaint I have.  Overall, I love how the servers help each other bus tables and run food.  It made for a nicely flowing, nearly perfectly timed dinner.

Overall, our experience was top notch.  The food was the best I have had in as long as I can remember.    We will definitely be back in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment