Me

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Matthiessen State Park - The Wood Collection

The Roots I - I think these roots are sometimes submerged beneath the stream, but are exposed because of the drought.  This zoomed-out photo is meant to give an idea of how far they stretch.  View "The Roots II" for a close-up of the same scene.

The Roots II - A close-up version of "The Roots I," this shot displays the seemingly precarious, but extremely stable roots of a tree.
Straggly Tree Against Pretty Trees - The contrast of death against life is stark in this photo.

Roots, Leaves, & Graffiti - I wonder, how many faces has this ancient root watched pass by it's cozy resting place amongst the rocks? 

My Favorite Log - We walked past this burnt sienna colored log twice.  I really like its twisted bark and bright color.

Mushrooms - Another shot I credit my husband with finding.  Though I took the picture, he spotted the scene.

Inside the Log - My husband took this awesome shot by holding the camera inside of a hollow log and waiting for the focus light to come on.  

A Gnarly Root - This oddly shaped, lightly colored piece of wood looks gnarly against the mossy rock.  I like it.

The Root of All Evil - This twisted mess looked so evil, I was ready for one of the tendrils to turn into a snake.

The Phallic Tree - The title says it all for this one.

The Forked Tree - I love cool shapes, and this forked tree caught my eye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment