Father and son film outer space, do-it-yourself style (Yahoo Green, by Stephen Messenger, Oct. 8, 2010)
When I clicked play on the video in the middle of the above linked article, I was very skeptical about what I would find. As I watched the camera cross through the clouds into the atmosphere above, I knew that this was not just another dad trying to be Mr. Wizard on the internet. After working together for eight months, Max Geissbuhler and his father really did send a camera to space.
For those of you that have always wanted to shoot into the sky like superman, then dive back through the clouds towards earth, this is your chance. The quality of the video is professional, and whoever edited it was smart enough to type comments instead of ruining the original wind sounds with voice-overs. Max set out to view the darkness of outer space, and ended up sharing the most beautiful view of the earth I have ever seen with the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment