http://news.discovery.com/earth/frances-mysterious-island-now-threatened-by-ravers.html
It is interesting how, sometimes, I get sucked into a story because of the title, but end up sticking around even when the author's focus drifts far off base. The above linked article is a perfect example of this phenomenon.
"France's 'Mysterious-Island" Now Threatened by Ravers," it read. Wow, this one has potential! I thought. Were hippies eating their ecstasy, and making sand angels on newly formed beaches? Maybe all of the flashing lights were scaring the birds? Or was the constant banging of bass keeping insects away?
Turns out that none of my guesses were even semi-close to accurate. In reality, a total of ONE rave has taken place on the island in question, mentioned a total of ONE time in the following line: "A rave was even held there." I mean, wow! Talk about a deceptive headline!
But, to my complete surprise, I found myself transfixed by the story and the comments that followed enough to take the time to write this post here. So here we are, four paragraphs in, and you STILL have no clue why this "Mysterious-Island" is so mysterious. Maybe next time you go island hopping, you should take the time to click on the link to find out!
No comments:
Post a Comment