I had the privilege of seeing one of my favorite female vocalists ever perform last night. The gorgeous and talented Leann Rimes came to Naperville to begin her acoustic tour. She played at Pfeiffer Hall, a 1,057 person auditorium on the campus of my alma mater, North Central College.
From the instant she took the stage, Leann's energetic spirit had the entire audience captivated. She played music from two of her new albums; one original works, and the other a cover album featuring famous male country singer's hits. For the first time in my long and quite distinguished concert going career, I was thrilled to hear mostly new music. She did throw some classics onto the set-list, but a vast majority of the performance was an amazing mix of her new material. She even forgot the words to one of the songs because it was so new. She looked embarrassed, and I felt bad for her. I know that my husband and I were both privileged to be her testing ground for such emotionally moving material. I had tears in my eyes during "How to Kiss a Boy."
I can't wait for her new albums to come out (I know one is due out Oct. 5). If you have a chance to see her play on this acoustic tour, do not pass it up. She will take your breath away.
No comments:
Post a Comment