Me

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mystery Legends - Phantom of the Opera - Review

I just finished the best hidden picture/puzzle game ever!  It is part of a series called Mystery Legends, but far superior to the other games.  Phantom of the Opera has it all, including amazing scenes, clean, crisp gameplay, sweet voice-overs, and a decent story.  It took me over seven hours to complete, so I definitely feel like I got my monies worth. 

From the moment the curtain literally falls, you are transported to the Paris Opera house.  Only, it is in ruins after years of disuse.  Playing as the daughter of the original main heroine from the play, you must beat the Phantom by solving puzzles, and completing hidden picture scenes.

Outside of one or two times where I thought the objects required for certain objectives seemed weird, the game was intuitive enough to guide the player along, without being at all linear.  The puzzles themselves ranged from easy to hard, but never so difficult that I felt completely stumped.  And the hidden object scenes were detailed, creepy, and memorable.

Overall, I would give Phantom of the Opera a 9.5 out of 10.  I absolutely loved it, and can't wait to play it again in a couple months!

No comments:

Post a Comment