Me

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Victorian Mysteries - Woman in White

I just completed another hidden object / puzzle game.  This one was based on a novel called "Woman in White," by Wilkie Collins.  I usually love games based on stories, and this one proved to be up to par with the best of them.  Not only was the story surprisingly intriguing, but the puzzles themselves were well-placed throughout the plot-line.  I found most of the hidden object scenes to be challenging, but not impossible.  The rooms of the two mansions involved were modestly decorated, but very beautiful and detailed.  My only complaint is that the game ended far to soon!  The "surprising" ending felt a little bit like the developers cut the game short to meet a deadline.  Perhaps more could have been done to draw out the post-script into actual game play.  Overall, I would rate this casual but challenging game a 7.7 out of 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment