Me

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Letters from Nowhere

One of my other passions (besides writing) is hidden object games.  I am in an awesome club sponsored by Best Buy that lets me pick one game per month for $7, and as many more as I want after the required single purchase at the member price.  If you look at these games in the computer section at the actual Best Buy store, they are all $20. 

Last month, I chose a title called "Letters from Nowhere."  Some of these games have good stories, and this game was definitely one of them.  You play as the wife of a man, Patrick, who mysteriously disappears.  It turns out a local college cult, that has been practicing for three decades, may be involved.  With the help of a friendly ghost, (a postman who sends letters, hence the title) the main character tracks her husband down.  On a scale of 1-10, I would give this game's story line a 9.

The game play itself was also far superior to your average hidden picture game.  The pictures were challenging, and I absolutely loved the way the cheats and other collectibles worked.  The time trial mode was also very fun, and took me over a week to get through, a couple levels at a time.  I would rate the pictures and puzzles in "Letters from Nowhere" a 9 as well,

My only complaint is that I have to wait for the sequel to come out to find out what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment