Me

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Twisted Lands: Shadow Town: Review

I just completed another hidden picture/puzzle game.  This one was called "Twisted Lands: Shadow Town."  I chose it based solely on its pictures and description because no one had reviewed it on Oberon's site yet.  The graphics in the game itself didn't fail to impress.  The broken down cruise ship, dilapidated police station, and haunting mansion were all aesthetically inspiring.  I would give that aspect of the game a 10/10.  The challenges were also extremely difficult, so much so that I skipped three of them after frustration set in.  There was no way to reset puzzles once you started them; even leaving the scene didn't let me start over.  Because of this high level of difficulty and lack of reset, I would rate the puzzles a 7/10.  They were just a bit too mind-boggling for me when I am trying to relax.  The hidden picture scenes were unfortunately few and far between, and way too easy.  I would give that aspect of the game a 6/10.  However, the overall story and grand "puzzle" it encompassed were both amazing.  I love using the objects I find to solve mini-games, and this game was full of that kind of activity.  So, Overall, I would have to rate "Twisted Lands: Shadow Town" a 8/10.  It was worth every penny of my $7.00 membership fee, but definitely not the best game I have played.

(SPOILER:  I do wonder if I would have had the same ending had I not drank so much of the water available in the ballroom of the cruise ship.)

No comments:

Post a Comment