Me

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kuros: Review

I finally completed the puzzle game "Kuros" that I have been working on for a while.  It is a game that combines hidden object, shape Sudoku, and other types of puzzles in an epic storyline every fantasy lover will enjoy.

I loved almost every aspect of this game.  From the amazing graphics, to the great voice-overs; the labyrinth-style ball game, to the mad search for ingredients; the silver lily field, to the book-chute in the library; a great surprise awaited me as I entered each new world.  I can tell the creators of this game put a lot of thought into every detail.  Furthermore, the overall level of creativity was superior to anything I have played in a long time.

The level of difficulty was perfect: challenging, but not impossible.  I tried not to use hints, and can't remember for certain, but believe I never had to cheat to beat the game.  Although I did walk away from certain puzzles for hours to days sometimes.

My complaints I can count on one hand.  Some of the scenes were hard to get out of (i.e. finding the arrow on the edge of the screen to move to a new scene was difficult).  Tracing the glyphs seemed to work great sometimes, and glitchy others.  Finally, the order of  "new game" and "continue" when you initially hit start could confuse the over-exuberant (like me).  I ended up having to start over because I clicked the top option, assuming it was continue, not new game.  I was wrong.

Overall, I would give Kuros a 9 out of 10.  I can't wait for another adventure with Kataya to come out so I can safe the world from Viktor, and protect the glyphstones!

No comments:

Post a Comment