About a week ago, I began playing the hidden object game called "Hidden World of Art." I love art, and paintings in particular, so was thrilled to find a game devoted to the topic. Plus, the variety offered by the various kinds of puzzles (find the differences, pairs, etc.) seemed right up my alley.
I wasn't disappointed. The scenes themselves were all real works by famous artists, and finding the objects was was difficult, but not impossible. I was upset the couple of times the thing I was seeking was hidden too close to the edges to be visible, but overall was pleased with the pictures.
When I was done "restoring" each work, a ranking was given based on missed clicks, time, and use of hints, which is always a nice touch.
Being able to view completed works in the gallery was also cool, seeing as there were a couple I would love to buy the prints of someday.
My biggest complaint was the terrible translation of the dialogue scenes. I would be willing to bet this game was released in French first, because some of the speech bubbles art connoisseurs had were hilarious.
Overall, I would rate "Hidden World of Art" an 7.5 out of 10. I will probably play it again someday when I spot it amongst my game list, but will not be raving about it a week from now.
No comments:
Post a Comment