The last two hidden picture games I played were called "Robinson Crusoe"* and "Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates." The first game in the series was great, but the second was amazing.
The original game loosely follows the story-line from the famous novel by Daniel Defoe. Playing as the main character, Robinson Crusoe, you find yourself the sole survivor of a shipwreck, tossed on the shore of a unmapped island. At first, the island appears uninhabited, but eventually you discover cannibals reside there. With the help of a mangy mutt and an unlikely ally named Friday, you build your boat to escape by solving hidden object scenes and puzzles that vary in difficulty from easy to extremely difficult. My main complaint was that the ending was anti-climatic, and some of the scenes seemed less polished then others. Overall, I would give the original game a 8.5 our of 10. It was very enjoyable, so much so that I immediately purchased the sequel. . .
. . . Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates. This games graphics are immaculate. From the opening movie, to the epic final scenes, I was as drawn-in by this hidden object game as I used to be by RPG's back in my console days. The hidden object scenes themselves were hilarious, as was the "testing" of a parrot-turned-monkey by making him drink various brews that converted him into anything from a watermelon, to a damsel in distress. I was so impressed by this game that I give it a 9.7 out of 10. If it wasn't for a couple typos I spotted, this game would have been perfect! I can't wait for the next installment to come out!
*Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate a link to the original game on the Best Buy/Oberon site I use.
No comments:
Post a Comment