Fabulous Finds is a hidden object game like no other. The players job is to search rooms in a house for objects based on themes, such as "Foodies" or "Holidays and Parties." The objects in the scene have a pop-up description as the mouse hovers over them to help you determine what things are. I very much appreciated this touch, however sometimes the pop-ups were a little annoying. Once I know that a "Antique Persian Rug" is an "Antique Persian Rug," well, you get it.
Once you have found all of the required items, a yard sale ensues. This is my favorite part of the game because it is pretty difficult, but very fun. Four clues on the right say things such as "The clown wants to spin vinyl." Your job is to find the clown, pick him up, and put him by the record player. As a reward, your cash box fills up.
The final part of each "world" allows the player to spend the monies collected from the yard sale to re-decorate the house. Specific goals are given to perfect each room. This portion of the game could have been great, but the goals stifled my creativity.
Overall, Fabulous Finds is one of the most unique games I have ever played. My biggest complaint was that it seemed very short. I give it a 7 out of 10, and would have given it a 8 out of 10 had it lasted longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment